Tastefully renovated large eighteenth century farmhouse chalet
France, Samoëns, Vallon d’en Bas
- EUR 554,000
- ⅛ share
EUR 3,750,000Full listing price
900 m²House size
3200 m²Land size
A traditional 18th century Savoyard farmhouse, situated in the peaceful, historic and protected hamlet of Vallon d’en Bas in Samoëns. This large nearly 900 sqm home (including barn and mazot) has been extensively renovated by local expert craftsman to the highest standards and fitted with the amenities of a luxury alpine holiday home, where each family member or guest has the private space and comfort levels similar to those of a suite in a 5 start hotel. It is surrounded by mountains, with spectacular views of the renown Cathédrale, Criou and Grand Massif ski peaks. A ski bus stop is only 300m from the property, providing quick access to the Grand Massif Express, some of the best off-piste skiing in France and various nature trails for the summer.
The ground floor features a formal dining room with a fireplace, a home study, a living area with a fireplace and library, and a fully equipped kitchen among others. All of the ten bedrooms are en-suite. Four of the bedrooms have private south facing balconies overlooking the Grand Massif ski area. In addition to the farmhouse, you’ll find a renovated double story barn with fireplace, wet bar, shower room and covered terrace, ideal for entertaining or additional living and storage space. The quality of the craftsmanship and materials used in the home includes the likes of wide planked engineered oak and Burgundy limestone for the flooring.
The property is surrounded by 3200m2 of landscaped gardens, a spacious 14 seater sauna housed within a traditional mazot with its own shower, wc and deck with large traditional hot tub, an apple orchard, various other fruit trees and off street parking for five cars. It is a nature-enthusiast’s dream holiday home, only 1200m from Samoëns village centre and just a 75 minute drive from Geneva. Samoëns has the distinction of being designated a “ville fleurie” (one of the most beautiful towns in France) as well as being the only winter sports resort to be classified as a national monument in France.
A rare property with the immense scale of a large country house (with fibre broadband), the comfort levels of a 5 star hotel, all set in a beautiful, quieter yet highly accessible ski region far away from the hustle of some of the larger resorts.
How to become a co-owner
- You can purchase between ⅛ to ½ of the property. A ⅛ share gives you 45 nights of exclusive use of your second home per year. This is real estate ownership, not timeshare.
- Once we have sufficient interest, we will purchase the vacation home, set up a company for the home and allocate the shares to the various owners. If the home is purchased by someone else in the interim, we will help you find a similar property.
- We refresh, equip, and beautifully furnish your co-owned property together with professional interior designers.
- Subsequently, you can schedule your stays and enjoy your fully managed second home exclusively in proportion to your ownership and share the running costs with the other fractional owners. You can also rent out some of your nights and generate rental income to offset your expenses.
- We manage all aspects of your holiday home, serving as your single point of contact. All you need to do is arrive and enjoy your beautiful home.
- You can sell your shares at the market price in any way you choose – we will support you as needed. If the property appreciates in value, you will benefit from this.
- Are you interested in co-owning this luxury holiday home or does it meet many but not all of your criteria? Please contact us, we will find the perfect property for you and do our best to match you with other like-minded buyers.
- Hot tub
- Swedish sauna
- Apple orchard
- Entertainment room
- Vast gardens
- Large ski room
- Wine cellar
We find qualified owners, manage the company formation, close the purchase and redecorate the home.
Full home: EUR 3,750,000EUR 468,750
Inspection, interior design & furnishingsEUR 4,000
Standard Purchase Costs
Transfer tax, land registry and notary feesEUR 24,999
Buyer aggregation, legal, financing & upgradesEUR 56,250
Total ⅛ Ownership
45 nights per yearEUR 554,000